Patrick G. Ward is a Mediator and Attorney committed to helping families in crisis and conflict find emotionally healthy and peaceful resolutions. As a mediator and attorney, Patrick has extensive experience with families in the court system and also working with clients as a mediator and peacemaker. Patrick is committed to ongoing education and training to help families transition through divorce.
PROFESSIONAL HISTORY AND EDUCATION
- Current Owner and Founder, Clarity Law LLC
- Former Senior Assistant Attorney General, Oregon Department of Justice
- Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, 2002
- University of Portland, Bachelor of Arts
TRAININGS AND EXPERIENCE
- Eleven Years of experience and consistent training addressing childhood and family trauma in the court system
- Co-Parenting Specialist Certification, Mosten-Guthrie Academy
- Domestic Relations Custody and Parenting Mediation Training, Multnomah County
- Family Mediation Training, Dispute Resolution Center of Kitsap County
- Divorce and Family Mediation Training, Mosten-Guthrie Academy
- Advanced Family Mediation Training, Mosten Guthrie Academy
- Conflict Coaching Training, Hillsboro, Hillsboro Mediation Program
- Facilitation Training, Six Rivers Dispute Resolution Center
- Advanced Mediation Training, Tsipora Dimant, Dimant Resolutions
- Basic Mediation Training, Tsipora Dimant, Portland Community College
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals, Collaborative Training
- Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Oregon Mediation Association, Standards and Practices Committee
- Oregon Association of Collaborative Professionals, Board Treasurer
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Clackamas Collaborative Divorce
- American Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar
- Portland Rescue Mission, Shepherd's Door and The Harbor, Volunteer Mediator
- Six Rivers Dispute Resolution Center, Volunteer Mediator
- Multnomah County Small Claims Program, Volunteer Mediator
Prior to starting a peaceful resolution practice, Patrick litigated hundreds of cases involving parental custodial rights. He witnessed the trauma that children and parents suffered during and after litigation. He is now committed to helping families resolve conflict and minimize emotional trauma.
Patrick is committed to ongoing education in the fields of Mediation and Collaborative Divorce and Separation. He spends hundreds of hours a year as an active participant in ongoing trainings and practice groups to ensure ongoing best practices to help find streamlined resolutions for clients and families.
Patrick is the proud father of a daughter and the proud husband of his wife of 26 years. When not helping his clients, he can be found hanging-out with his family, trail running, skiing, or bouldering.